Over the past couple of years the ECB Coach Education programme has gone under an extensive review. As a result a new coaching pathway was introduced from September 2013 onwards.
Courses are based on the players stage of development. Fundamentally the evolution of ECB Community Coach Education is founded on the basis that:
- Different players have different needs; we understand this better than ever
- ECB’s duty is to educate and support coaches to meet a player’s specific needs
- ECB will provide coaches with easy access to support based on who they are coaching and the needs they have
As a result ECB Community Coach Education believes the new structure will help us to achieve the following goals:
- Players will be more likely to have access to a coach than ever before
- Increased likelihood that a highly skilled and qualified coach will be in the right place at the right time
- Coaches will have the right knowledge, skills and understanding to meet the needs of the players they are coaching
- Improve the performance of coaches, players and teams
- Coaches will have an enhanced understand of their players
- Players will have an increased understanding of the game and their own performance.
The ECB Coach Map
The Dorset Cricket Board will be running the courses listed under each of the playing environments below. Please click on a subject below to get more information from the ECB website.
Courses that sit within the Performance Environment and Elite Environment will be run by the ECB centrally.